were both red carded at full-time and then exchanged

 

Tuchel and Conte were both red carded webapex.net at full-time and then exchanged words as they shook hands, with the Blues boss taking exception to Conte’s refusal to look him in the eyes.

Tension had built between the pair during the second-half as they celebrated their team’s goals and they were subsequently charged with ‘improper’ behaviour.

Speaking on BT Sport ahead of Spurs’ Saturday lunchtime clash with Wolves, former Chelsea and Tottenham boss Hoddle was shocke westernmagazine.org d at the different punishments but sympathised with the emotions both bosses felt.

He said: ‘It takes two to tango. I’m surprised they’ve only banned Tuchel. I think they saw him as the aggressor but I think it should have been both (banned).

‘Tuchel goes right across Conte. I think Tu ysin.org chel has reacted and then we see what we see.

‘When you’re sitting in this dugout as manager the emotions take over. I used to watch from upstairs. You think differently when you’re down here.

‘I fell out with Tony Pulis. There were punches flying in the tunnel! We sat there and thought what are we doing? You are playing a character at times.

‘I used to tell players you have to be an actor. If you’re a quiet character you have to act. This is what football does to people.’

Joleon Lescott, who was also part of the BT pundits ahead of kick-off, shared Hoddle’s surprise.

He said: ‘I am (surprised) to be fair. We never want to see managers suspended but if they’re suspending one it should be both.

‘I think it depends on the manager (in terms of how they act). In terms of the emotional side when you see a teammate get a bad tackle you want to go and get involved.’

Joe Cole, however, admitted he was a fan of the actions of the coaches on Saturday and believes Conte’s personality is seen on the pitch in Spurs’ performances.

The former Chelsea star said: ‘I like to see that aggression from managers, it was a massive point for Tottenham last week. It was great.

‘The Chelsea Spurs derby has grown. You’ve got two managers who are fireworks. I like to see it. I have no problem with this. No one got hurt.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

were both red carded at full-time and then exchanged

majority of people were

What are the available treatments?